As a Manager (Professional Services), you will manage and hire Data Engineers / Architects and participate in technical and design discussions with regions and customers. You will also assist our customers by overseeing projects in their Databricks journey and provide them with the guidance, knowledge, and enable them to accomplish the value and achieve their strategic objectives using our products.You will report to the Director, Professional Services.
The impact you will have:
- Hire great people and provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Participate in key technical and design discussions with technical leads in the team as a hands-on manager
- Partner with key business stakeholders to prioritise work and create amazing products to support our data platform.
- Be a project manager for the projects that your team manages.
- Manage a team of technical engineers to achieve customer, company, and team goals
- Assign accounts and distribute work across individuals for optimal customer coverage and team balance
- Inspire the team to be customer obsessed by understanding customer goals, their use cases, and Databricks technology
- Partner with Sales teams to increase growth and successful renewal of accounts.
- Work with teams to reduce customer risk and help your team with escalations.
- Provide input to grow and improve internal processes and customer success service offerings
- Promote cross functional programs, plans, documentation
- Review and participate in defining project and SOW structures for delivery of high risk, high visibility engagements.
- Actively participates in regular reviews of high risk and key engagements with the project team and Databricks stakeholders.
- Effectively builds and leverages customer relationships throughout the sales and delivery process.
- Ensures our projects are driving high customer satisfaction in customers.
- Acts as the first point of escalation for customers when they have questions with our delivery. Additionally, provides escalation as needed into other parts of Databricks to ensure rapid resolution of technical and business issues.
- Consistently articulate a thoughtful understanding of Databricks' vision and solutions to help sell and provide successful implementations, ensure positive project outcomes, and attain project references.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of successful experience in a customer facing role leading a technical team of consultants / solution architects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent
- Extensive experience in Big Data (Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, Cassandra etc)
- Knowledge of AWS / Azure / GCP
- Proven documentation skills, along with strong project management experience and negotiation skills.
- Strong abilities manage multiple engagements, while delivering extremely high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent people skills to partner with various key business stakeholders.
- Conversant with business issues our customers face today and likely big data use cases in different industries
- Experience estimating effort and scope for services
- Private medical insurance
- Accident coverage
- Employee's Provident Fund
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel insurance
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.