At Databricks we work on some of the most complex distributed processing and machine learning problems in the world and our customers challenge us daily with interesting new big data and AI use cases. As Manager, Resident Solutions Architects at Databricks, you will provide strategic leadership for delivering professional services engagements to high-value Databricks customers, helping shape the future big data and machine learning landscape for leading Fortune 500 organisations. You will report directly to the regional Director for Professional Services.
In the Manager, Resident Solutions Architects role, you will be in a people-leadership capacity, responsible for core aspects of building and managing the Resident Solutions Architect team. Through your oversight and mentorship, this team will guide our largest customers, implementing pipelines spanning data engineering through model building and deployment, plus other technical tasks to help customers get value out of their data with Databricks. Your responsibilities will include hiring and developing the team, and providing oversight of customer projects to ensure they are managed and delivered to target and exacting standards.
The impact you will have:
- You will achieve regional team targets for billable utilisation and hiring
- You will partner with account executives, customer success and field engineering leaders while guiding Resident Solutions Architects to achieve success with professional services projects with customers
- Help resolve customer concerns on strategic accounts and professional services engagements
- Analyze operational processes, escalation procedures and perform training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for services delivery improvements and contribution to customers.
- Manage a team of Resident Solution Architects and act in a supportive manager capacity, including handling escalations, mentoring team members, building a career path for the assigned team members.
What we look for:
- 4+ years of management experience managing consultant/delivery teams or solution architects.
- 5+ years individual contributor experience as a hands-on technical solutions architect that will allow you to act in a supportive manager capacity with technical architects that report to you.
- Experience driving software platform adoption in Fortune 500 organisations in markets such as: Finance, Media, Retail, Telco, Energy, and Healthcare.
- Implement a project schedule with experience with customer engagement.
- Experience with Databricks products, Spark ecosystem, and direct competitors.
- Up to 30% of travel (depending on Covid regulations)
- Private medical, dental and cash refunds for health expenses
- Life, disability and critical illness coverage
- Group personal pension with company contribution
- Equity awards
- Paid parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Business travel accident insurance
- Mental wellness resources
Databricks is the data and AI company. More than 7,000 organizations worldwide — including Comcast, Condé Nast, H&M, and over 40% of the Fortune 500 — rely on the Databricks Lakehouse Platform to unify their data, analytics and AI. Databricks is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Databricks, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can excel. We take great care to ensure that our hiring practices are inclusive and meet equal employment opportunity standards. Individuals looking for employment at Databricks are considered without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.