We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Our group leads product strategy for Cruise's core technology – the AI capabilities that run on Cruise's vehicles enabling them to drive autonomously and safely. We chart the course toward launching and scaling our AVs globally, and are responsible for leading the company to fulfill this mission by partnering closely with engineering, data science, program, operations and commercial teams. Do you want to work with products that change the world for better? Our team is at the forefront of making autonomous vehicles a reality!
As a Staff Technical Product Manager in autonomous vehicle software, you will be responsible for owning the development of Cruise's most crucial Perception and Prediction autonomous driving capabilities and also serve as a senior leader within the AI product team, evolving our innovation practice as we go to market. Collaborating broadly across engineering departments, you'll apply cutting-edge technology to increase the in-market performance of the AV across geo-spatial domains as we scale from initial public launch to global expansion.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product areas
- Lead executives and key partners through sophisticated decisions to drive progress toward our strategic goals
- Synthesize technical and analytical insights with product intuition to formulate compelling roadmap investments and adjust quickly to new information
- Secure commitment and support for your roadmap through detailed and thoughtful communication with engineering teams, key partners and executive leaders
- Consistently deliver results through coordinated execution across AV engineering teams in an applied research setting with significant experimentation
- Identify and lead improvements to the team's innovation and approach enabling us to scale our team and impact
What you must have:
- 5+ years of proven success leading highly technical (machine learning, computer vision or robotics) products
- Ability to generate crucial product insights through quantitative and qualitative analysis
- In-depth knowledge of modern software development and machine learning engineering practices
- BS or MS in science, engineering, math or equivalent technical experience
- Outstanding communication skills: verbal and written, with engineers, non-technical partners, and executives
- Thrive in ambiguity, crafting simplicity and order
- Creativity and curiosity: you're driven to find novel solutions and push forward an entire industry
- Technical experience with autonomous vehicles, robotics or safety-critical systems
- MBA, management consulting or equivalent business strategy experience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex – a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) – a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.