With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Information Security
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a Privacy Manager who will help build our privacy strategy, implement tools, architect our privacy roadmap, develop process, perform privacy reviews, and work with different team leaders to implement a privacy by design culture. Privacy manager will be responsible for providing guidance, advice, oversight, and implementation of controls on all privacy matters.
Privacy Manager will ensure that data is available to the business in a manner compliant with all applicable laws and regulations globally. We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our team to work on a range of privacy related matters globally. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a range of privacy and regulatory compliance issues and providing fit for purpose solutions that sets out our path to becoming a truly data-led organization, where data underpin our business and technology goals.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Experience building relationships with key stakeholders across the business to understand their current and planned data processing activities
- Experience developing internal processes and policies to mitigate key privacy risks
- Performing privacy impact assessments, identifying, and mitigating risks through effective tools, training, and guidance. Managing privacy risk assessments and remediation plans
- Managing a record of all personal data processing activities across the business
- Managing the data subject rights request process
- Supporting the integration of privacy standards, controls, policies into standard business processes and a global privacy framework
- Developing and managing a comprehensive privacy training program and promoting privacy awareness throughout the business to keep privacy on the business agenda
- Leading internal privacy meetings to present key privacy metrics and risks to senior leadership
- Appreciation of architecture considerations, data encryption, data loss prevention with experience of online privacy issues and working knowledge of technologies which give rise to privacy considerations
- Experience working with engineering teams to design and implement privacy controls
- Experience implementing and managing privacy tools for ongoing compliance, cookie consent, consent management, data subject rights etc.
- Six (6) + years of dedicated working knowledge, and real-world experience of data protection and privacy best practice across multiple functions and geographies
- Comprehensive knowledge of the requirements of the privacy laws relevant to US, EU markets and the regulatory framework relating to privacy
- The ability to interpret legal advice and relate this to organizational practices and solutions
- Experience in implementing and managing online privacy management tools
- Experience implementing privacy by design culture
- Demonstrate ability to clearly identify business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings and propose strategic solutions
- Customer and organizational data literacy on processing, usage, management
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, understand technology and commercial concepts quickly
- Strong relationship’s skills / ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Ability to identify and mitigate privacy risks with the ability to understand materiality of risks and prioritize / differentiate response accordingly
Remote location in Europe
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status. If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.