The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You'll Work With
Our mission is to enable data-driven decisions and products across Carta by collecting accurate data, building scalable infrastructure and delivering advanced analytics. We believe in building a strong data foundation to ensure data quality and to promote self-service across the company. The team is split between Data Science/ Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Data Engineering and People Analytics.
The People Analytics team partners closely with each team within the People organization to inform, measure and scale initiatives that support 1500+ Cartans globally. This role will support a broad spectrum of teams (Recruiting, People Ops, Total Rewards, Finance) and functions (growth models, employee engagement, predictive models for employee sentiment).
The Problems You'll Solve
You will lead the People Analytics function on the research, analysis and experiments that inform strategies across the People team — how we find the best talent, forecast headcount, how we foster an environment of growth, innovation, and inclusivity, how we understand employee engagement and morale, and how we ensure that we’re investing in and retaining the future leaders of Carta. Leading the Analytics roadmap, you will build the strategy for delivering workforce insights that help our team maximize our learning and drive positive business outcomes. Here are a few of the questions we need you to help us solve:
- How do we make Carta’s People data infrastructure reliable, accessible, and secure at scale?
- How can we deliver better insights to our business partners to improve decision-making and a more proactive approach to problem solving?
- How do we know what’s working well today, and what isn’t? What insights do we look at to inform the future of our People team’s work?
- What systems, methods, and practices do we need to explore to ensure meaningful and scalable outcomes?
- How do we understand employee engagement in deeper, more innovative ways?
- How do we better align our data and priorities with partner teams, like Finance and maintain a “single source of truth” for People Data?
- How do we strengthen our foundation for more experimentation and innovation in the People space?
The Impact You'll Have
In this role, you will deliver the analytical strategy that underpins everything we do on the People team. As you build out a cohesive People Analytics team and roadmap, you will partner with teams across Carta that rely heavily on trusted People data. Your leadership and expertise will ensure that we’re solving the right People problems, and tracking meaningful progress along the way.
You are an experienced Engineering Leader with 3+ years of experience and demonstrate fluency in the latest methods, tools, systems, and approaches to People Data. As the Data Science Manager, People Analytics at Carta you are:
- A tenacious problem solver and a master of your craft; you lean on analytical expertise and a whole lot of grit to find answers to the most important People problems that need solving
- Fluent with People data, systems, and common analytical needs and projects (e.g., Workday, Applicant Tracking Systems, Employee Engagement Surveys, People Data Dashboards, People & Organizational Health Reporting)
- Skilled in data tooling, SQL mastery (Redshift or similar), building self service solutions with Looker/Tableau/or similar, DBT experience nice to have
- Familiarity with Python, proven ability in building forecasting models
- Experience building ETLs and scalable data models
- Experience building meaningful connections across the People team (Total Rewards, Recruiting, L&D, HRBPs) and business functions (Finance, Data teams) to ensure data integrity and alignment
- Experience scaling a People Analytics team in terms of size, capability, and accessibility
- Excitement around experimentation; you bring fresh ideas to the table to create a name for Carta in the People Analytics space
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.