Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 75 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
What you’ll do:
Working with the Data Management Lead and key business stakeholders, you will work directly with a key business area to support them in the evolution of their business strategy designing, documenting and evolving their quality data architecture which will deliver strong data management and data governance standards while ensuring their data architecture is fit to deliver Canva’s future growth.
As part of Canva’s growing Data Management practice, you will:
– Establish close partnership with SuperGroup, Group and Speciality stakeholders to define the strategic data architecture and roadmap, aligned to the business strategy and overall Enterprise Architecture.
– Co-design with the business and facilitate the implementation of necessary data governance and information management processes, advising and supporting stakeholders through the related business change management steps.
– Define and apply an end-to-end Data Architecture governance process, working closely with the Data Management and Data Governance practices.
– Evaluate existing and new Data solutions to ensure they support current business needs and growth.
– Develop implementation plans for data solutions ensuring to identify and manage dependencies with other Teams, Groups and SuperGroups.
– Work closely with stakeholders to align technologies and capabilities with business strategies while delivering pragmatic excellence when supporting businesses data needs by leveraging the existing platforms and architecture patterns where possible.
– Evaluate and renew implemented data solutions, to ensure their relevance and effectiveness in supporting business needs and growth.
– Emphasise the importance of and ensure that data management practices are embedded in all data solutions.
Key Responsibilities include:
– Develop and recommend best practice for scalable data architecture and processes to ensure integrity, quality and timeliness of data.
– Design, develop and maintain logical / physical data models and data lineage based on business requirements, data sources & process flows.
– Have an end-to-end vision, and see how a logical design will translate into one or more physical data models, and how the data will flow through the layered architecture within the data landscape.
– Provide oversight & direction to project teams in regards to data architecture. Review and approve data model designs to ensure integrity, accuracy & quality of data within the enterprise data warehouse and other data applications.
– Identify inconsistencies & redundancies in data models and propose remediation steps.
– Architect data structures and processes for optimal performance, access and distribution across the organization.
– Lead the data architecture planning and execution in support of data governance and data management initiatives.
Skills and experience required for the role:
– 7+ years defining and maintaining data architecture, logical & physical data models, data standards, naming conventions, primary key guidelines and data flow diagrams.
– 7+ years in relational & dimensional data modeling, process modeling and performance tuning of large-scale data warehouses.
– Strong technical knowledge of data integration, metadata and BI analytics tools.
– Successfully implemented Data Quality, Data Security and Data Privacy initiatives.
– Solid understanding of metadata management best practices with experience implementing or operating a metadata repository.
Experienced in writing SQL, using Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and Data Modeling tools
– Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills. An engaging personality who can take the business on the journey with them.
– Highly organized, self-motivated, proactive and able to plan.
– Ability to analyze, understand complex problems and explain technical information in business terms.