WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
Braze is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Growth team to automate and optimize our customers’ growth and retention programs through ML-assisted decision-making, and prediction.
At Braze, we don’t just use machine learning to build models, we’ve built an on-demand ML model delivery platform to help our customers take advantage of the billions of users and hundreds of billions of data points that flow through our systems.
You will help discover the scope of what is possible with machine learning and AI in our systems, test and validate new predictive and statistical features, and tailor complex AI workflows for easy use by non-technical users. You will help build processes for maintenance and monitoring of these tools as well as for management and sharing of model code and testing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Data Consultants to build innovative ways to leverage data and automate decision-making for our customers.
- Explore and analyze the billions of daily data points that Braze’s customers generate in search of predictive, valuable, actionable signals.
- Build, analyze, and iterate on models that are best suited for the job, whether that’s supervised or unsupervised learning, neural networks, or simple regressions
- Build processes to help catalog, maintain, and share the above with fellow data scientists and engineers
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Masters in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar computational field or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience prototyping, refining, and deploying predictive models and machine learning & AI, neural networks in a production setting
- Fluent in Python
- Experience with frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency with relational databases
- 2+ years working with cloud or distributed systems
- Publication record in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or similar algorithmic fields
- Familiarity with document-based databases
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.