WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 98,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
The Data Platform SRE group is a close-knit and diverse team that regularly pushes the boundaries of our data infrastructure and continually drives improvements to the resiliency of Box's data platform & analytics platform.
As an SRE for Box's Data Platform, you'll be part of a team that leads the effort in building and scaling the technical foundations that will allow Box to empower business critical services like , Enterprise Reporting and Business Analytics. We need your expertise with provisioning hybrid cloud environments with enterprise grade features like resilience, scalability, durability, security, compliance, manageability, observability and cost optimization built in to the core system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be part of the team that builds and provisions enterprise grade data, messaging & analytics platforms in public cloud and data centers
- Develop software and tools to automate and improve routine infrastructure management changes
- Work with cutting-edge data and analytics technologies while having great visibility and impact across all of Engineering.
- Work as part of a multi-functional engineering team and enable yourself and others to build new features and software to grow our business
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience in building and scaling distributed data infrastructure.
- Experience building big data infrastructure in the public cloud (AWS, GCP). GCP is preferred
- Experience designing, building & deploying high quality software with test frameworks and CI/CD
- You have automated routine work with software written in Java, Scala, Python, Go etc.
- You have a good understanding of messaging & search systems (Kafka, Elastic Search)
- You are familiar with orchestration engines like Temporal to execute asynchronous long-running business logic.
- You take initiative when you see a problem; you are a life-long learner who seeks out knowledge
- You've worked in cross-functional engineering teams and have an eye for enabling others' success in building new features and software to grow our business
- You have a BS/MS/ Ph.D. in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our
Showing 1 - 4 of 254 jobs
Senior Data Engineer, TrelloAtlassianNew York, United StatesNew York, United States
- Full Time
- Full Time
Data Engineer, TrelloAtlassianNew York, United StatesNew York, United States
- Full Time
Data Engineer – Content IntelligenceSpotifyNew York, NYNew York, NY
- Full Time