Beat is one of the most exciting and fastest-growing companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. Today we are part of the international FREE NOW Group owned by BMW and Daimler. But we are more than an app that takes you from A to B. Our mission is to develop seamless mobility for a safe and sustainable urban life, by making transportation affordable, efficient, and reliable for everyone. We invest in the development of business model innovations, such as Beat Tesla and Beat Zero, and are the first to introduce revolutionary mobility solutions that fully own the customer experience through control of our own all-electric fleet.
and Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Argentina. Our headquarters is located in Greece (Athens), with our Tech Innovation and Engineering Hubs being split between Athens, Amsterdam, and Mexico City.
We are proud to see Beat leading the FREE NOW Group in growth and we have ambitious plans for 2022. But we need you to help us get closer to our vision: a connected Latin America where the only question is “Where Next?”
About the role
Data is at the heart of this effort and is an essential ingredient in Beat's aggressive growth plan and vision for the future. We’re currently transitioning to a microservices architecture which requires novel solutions when it comes to ingestion and leverage of the data from different sources.
As a member of our team, you will help tackle some of the most fundamental data-driven challenges we face and your work will impact the entire Beat experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with data and platform engineers for the design, development, enhancement and support of real-time data ingestion solutions.
- Develop the libraries and tools that support data engineers across different teams.
- Work with technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes, Scala, Akka and Spark to develop components that will analyse, process and react to operational feeds in near real-time.
- Be agile both within and across teams, democratizing access to data for anyone within the organization.
What you need to have:
- Familiarity with real-time and batch data processing pipelines.
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming principles.
- Exposure to JVM programming languages (Scala, Java, Kotlin).
- Understanding of the way distributed storage and processing systems work.
- Passion for quality and automation.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and work as part of a team.
What is good to have:
- Basic knowledge of Apache Spark.
- Familiarity with ETL processes and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with Scala or other functional programming languages.
- Basic knowledge of streaming technologies such as Spark Streaming, Apache Flink or Kafka Streams.
- Exposure to Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with distributed messaging systems, preferably Apache Kafka.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, preferably AWS.
- Knowledge of relational databases and NoSQL technologies.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program.
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.