Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Software Engineer to join Aurora’s Perception Evaluation team to accelerate model development and improve autonomy capabilities via advanced systems and algorithmic development
The ideal candidate will enjoy working across our autonomy codebase to accelerate ML model experimentation and data analysis to develop large-scale systems that produce interactive metrics and insights. You’ll architect large-scale data analysis systems and services, add new capabilities and feature improvements, and apply novel evaluation methodologies and algorithms that power our fleet of self-driving vehicles. The impact of your work will be fast, reliable, and safe ML models and will involve tight collaboration within Perception and across many models and teams, including Planning, Simulation, Cloud, Tools, and more.
In this role, you will
- Support feature development and for our Label APIs
- Work with our internal data platforms team to improved data discovery, schema maintenance, usage tracing for our datasets
- Work with our internal ML Platform / Infrastructure team to design and build scalable ETL pipelines that support various types of access and data models
- Work with our domain experts to refine our domain models as needed
- Work with our data analysts to create tooling to maintain desired dataset distributions
- Work with our Ground Truth labeling team to increase automation for our data engine accelerator
- Experience with Data pipelines and ETLs
- Experience with schema design and data models
- Experience building backend microservices
- Experience building APIs for backend services
- Experience using distributed storage systems
- BS / MS / PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field
- For non-CS majors or BS candidates, strong software experience (2-5 years in industry)
- MS or PhD in CS
- Distributed System design patterns (high availability, scaling, load balancing, caching, sharding etc.)
- Knowledge of Perception, 3D geometry, autonomous driving
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.