Who We Are
Aurora (Nasdaq: AUR) is delivering the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. Founded in 2017 by experts in the self-driving industry, Aurora is revolutionizing transportation – making it safer, increasingly accessible, and more reliable and efficient than ever before. Its flagship product, the Aurora Driver, is a platform that brings together software, hardware, and data services, to autonomously operate passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy-duty trucks. Aurora is partnered with industry leaders across the transportation ecosystem including Toyota, Volvo, PACCAR, Uber, Uber Freight, FedEx, and U.S. Xpress. Aurora tests its vehicles in the Bay Area, Pittsburgh, and Texas and has offices in those areas as well as in Bozeman, MT; Seattle, WA; Louisville, CO; and Detroit, MI. To learn more, visit www.aurora.tech.
We’re searching for a Software Engineer on the ML Platform: Perception Datasets team to scale our next generation data pipelines, and dataset access APIs. The ideal candidate will have a passion for diving into our datasets to help keep it clean, and unbiased. You’ll be working with our infrastructure and data platform teams to improve discoverability of our various training and evaluation datasets, and working with our consumers to improve the ergonomics and performance of our access APIs. This work will be critical as our Autonomy teams continue to introduce new, or iterate over existing ML models throughout our stack, and as our Vehicle Platforms continue to collect higher fidelity and larger quantities of data.
In this role, you will
- Design and build scalable data pipelines that process on-road data and human labels in a way that is consumable by training and evaluation frameworks, as well as a variety of analytics use cases
- Scale our low-level data access APIs to improve our model training speed, as well as our ability to perform unstructured search over it
- Design and build tools to proactively identify potential gaps in our labeled datasets
- Collaborate closely with our infrastructure, Ground Truth, and ML teams to ensure the data of high quality and desired composition
- BS in Computer Science, or a related field
- 5 years of experience in building data pipelines and data modeling
- Excellent Python / Basic C++ programming and software design skills
- Experience with storage and database management systems (SQL, no-SQL, protobuf, parquet, HDFS)
- Experience working in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Excellent C++ programming and software design skills
- Distributed System design patterns (high availability, scaling, load balancing, caching, sharding etc.)
- Knowledge of Perception, 3D geometry, autonomous driving
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in 8+ locations across the United States. We offer a competitive benefits package to qualifying employees. Our Career Page includes everything you need to know about working at Aurora.
At the core of everything we do is our commitment to safety. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and we believe that each employee at Aurora has a role in contributing to safety, every step of the way. Aurora expects commitment to our safety policies from every employee, and seeks candidates who take an active responsibility, can contribute to building an atmosphere of trust, and invest in the organization’s long-term success by prioritizing working safely, no matter what.
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit. You can find all the latest news on our Blog
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.