- Full Time
Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
Argo AI is tackling one of the most challenging applications in computer science, robotics and artificial intelligence: autonomous vehicles. We develop and deploy the latest advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision to enable safe, accessible, efficient, and cost-effective transportation for all. The challenges are significant, but we don’t shy from hard, meaningful problems – we aim to make science fiction reality and the world a better place.
The Perception division is responsible for converting raw data collected by our many sensors – camera, lidar, radar, and more – to semantically interpretable information that the rest of the vehicle platform system can use to make control decisions, permitting the vehicle to drive itself. Perception spans a huge breadth of the work we do here to enable autonomous machines: everything from merging classical computer vision insights with state-of-the-art machine learning, sensor fusion, state estimation, lidar processing, depth sensing, and calibration to data management, logging, computational acceleration, system-level libraries, mapping algorithms, and support for our custom lidar solution. Perception operates at a pivot point for the company – we work cross-functionally with stakeholders from every major part of the company, but are especially active at the hardware/software interface, where we are the primary customers of the sensor suite on Argo AI’s vehicles.
We seek talented individuals who can contribute to our mission of converting photons into understanding. Candidates should be capable of designing solutions to challenging and open-ended problems, including the ability to understand the problem and design space, explore the research literature, and evaluate the merits of multiple competing proposals. Come change the world with us.
What you’ll do:
- Develop extremely high performance computer vision and signal processing solutions on CPU, GPU, or DSP architectures.
- Analyze algorithms and design of existing solutions and propose new ideas, approaches and implementations
- Produce high quality software in the safety-critical context of multiple autonomous vehicle platforms
- Be the local expert on high performance software for the Geometric Perception teams (Lidar Perception, Camera / Lidar Fusion, Lidar Sciences).
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Excellent programming skills in Modern C/C++
- Multiple years of hands-on experience with GPU Computing (APIs like CUDA, OpenCL, OpenGL/GLSL/Compute Shaders, Vulkan/SPIR-V)
- Understanding of performance/quality tradeoffs and ability to write high-quality, production-ready code
Nice to haves:
- Practical experience in embedded and Linux kernel-level real-time automotive platforms
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python is a plus
- Experience programming in resource-constrained environments (FPGAs, DSPs, etc)
- Statistics or signal processing experience.
- Experience in Computer Vision, Perception and/or Machine Learning
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.