Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The perception works with various sensors to measure the environment and brings all of this information together to model the real world. It is fundamental for avoiding obstacles, predicting actor behavior, and planning the motion of the vehicle itself. The perception ground truth team evaluates the software stack, and provides critical feedback for the perception design and development.
This position focuses on algorithm development for the ground truth track generation with lidar, camera, and radar measurements. Different from on-vehicle tracking, the ground truth estimation does not necessarily follow the causality, e.g., one can use measurements before and after to estimate the current state. The algorithms shall be used by labelers to improve efficiency for large-scale labeling operation. The position requires a mix of tracking, sensor fusion, computer vision, and machine learning expertise. A candidate should have strong software skills and have worked at least one technical field listed above.
What you’ll do:
- Work with various perception teams such as lidar, radar, camera, ML, sensor fusion, etc., to define the ground truth requirements
- Design geometric and machine learning based detection and tracking algorithms to extract ground truth from lidar, camera, and radar measurements
- Work with log and labeling teams to integrate algorithms into labeling tools
- Design and implement metrics to quantify ground truth performance against expectations
- Aggregate, visualize, and disseminate the metrics by building dashboards
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience on sensor data processing, i.e., lidar, camera, stereo, and radar
- Experience on perception and robotics, i.e., object detection, multiple object tracking, sensor fusion, trajectory inference & annotation, machine learning, graph, batch tracking. However, you are not required to be an expert in all areas
- 2+ years C++ experience
- 1+ years Python experience
- Strong technical communication skills
- Ability to design and deliver production quality software independently while incorporating advice given from review
Nice to haves:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Experience with machine learning at scale
- Experience working with SQL and Business Intelligence tools like Looker
- AWS and/or GCP experience
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption & Surrogacy Assistance Program
- Paid medical leave
- 30 day paid sabbatical upon 5 years of employment
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.