Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Data Engineering team is part of the wider Analytics organization at Argo. It is responsible for highly critical software frameworks for data extraction and analysis as well as data integrations into our Data Warehouse. The team owns and drives the direction of how key data points and metrics move from our cars into the data warehouse and closely collaborates with the Autonomy teams. As a platform team, it is on a critical path for delivery of key workflows and processes and interacts directly with our customers and stakeholders. This is a high visibility role that will provide the opportunity to learn about, interact with, and add significant value to every part of our company supporting our goal of building safe and efficient self-driving vehicles.
What you’ll do:
- Work with stakeholders in the Autonomy, Operations and Systems Engineering teams to define data requirements
- Design, create and drive forwards the evolution of the Analytics Data Frameworks for log data extraction
- Design, build and operate scalable implementations of data integrations
- Drive and own our product and process changes in order to constantly evolve and deliver better performance for our customers
- Participate in agile development process from planning, estimation all the way to optimization, maintenance and support in a test- and monitoring-driven environment practicing CI/CD releases
- Investigate new approaches and technologies that can be leveraged for our next generation solutions
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Deep programming skills in object oriented or functional programming
- Proficiency developing software with Python (experience with C++ is also highly desirable)
- Professional experience with distributed systems and big data such as Spark, Hadoop, HBase
- Experience with Data Warehousing and data design
- Exposure to different DB flavours, DB optimization and SQL fluency
- Experience with any of the cloud based provider platforms
- Strong problem solving, analytical and OOP skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.