This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve them as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Data Platform Product Manager
Adyen's fully on-premise data platform comprises infrastructure and tooling needed to develop and serve all data products for Adyen and our merchants. The platform is expanding at an exponential rate and the number of products built using the platform is increasing every month.
We are looking for an experienced, data and tech savvy Product Manager to help us further grow and create even more impact from our data infrastructure products that range from Big-Data and streaming infrastructure, logging platforms, OLAP tools and monitoring frameworks.
What you’ll do
- As a Product Manager at Adyen you will own the end-to-end problem that you are trying to solve together with your team
- You will be responsible to drive our data platform out to serve all Adyen's applications
- You will productise our data infrastructure (Infrastructure-as-a-Product), create an operating model, processes and frameworks to maximise the impact we deliver with our data infrastructure
- Work together with our stakeholders and engineering team to create a vision, prioritisation and roadmap for further development of our platform
- Work closely with a team of engineers to implement the roadmap and ensure Adyen merchants gain measurable benefit from the products and features your team has released.
Who you are
- Experienced with building or intensively using data platforms on-premise
- A fundamental understanding of infrastructure, distributed architectures, data pipelines, security and relevant technologies
- The ability to act as the single point-of-contact for ‘owned’ areas – working with cross-functional partners across the company to achieve all aspects of the project management cycle
- A ‘launch fast and iterate’ approach to tackling solutions
- The ability to help a team architect a vision and then see it through implementation and ongoing optimisation
- Manage infrastructure as a product: build a roadmap, maintain and prioritise product backlog to accommodate versatile data-driven products built on the platform
- Strong communication skills, especially in a consensus driven culture where a diversity of perspectives is cherished
- Previous engineering/developer/data science background is a plus
- Data-driven decision making skills
- A proven record of high performance managing complex initiatives to achieve outstanding results
- An intuitive understanding of the importance of data in understanding trends, providing actionable insights, and tracking the success of those initiatives.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen. Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.