This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Privacy Counsel to join our Privacy team in Amsterdam. Our team works closely with our commercial, compliance and product teams while collaborating and negotiating with some of the biggest companies in order to ensure compliance with applicable privacy laws and regulations around the world.
What you’ll do
- Provide support to the company with privacy related matters wherever needed.
- Working closely together with the product teams to ensure (new) products are compliant with data privacy laws, including performing data privacy impact assessments.
- Review and negotiate data protection agreements with our customers, partners and suppliers.
- Collaborate with the Privacy Team on maintaining and further developing Adyen’s privacy compliance program.
- Anticipate data protection obligations and risks, and ensure that these are appropriately addressed.
- Keep track of new legislative proposals and other legal developments regarding privacy.
Who you are
- Eager to learn and pro-actively looking for opportunities to expand your knowledge. At Adyen you are the owner of your own career;
- A natural-born networker with high energy, you are a confident self-starter with a proven commercial edge, entrepreneurial mindset and strong negotiation skills;
- You have 2-4 years of experience in the privacy field (including GDPR) preferably with experience in product privacy compliance and negotiating data processing agreements;
- Ability to interface seamlessly and autonomously with a global multicultural team (culturally aware, adjusts communication style to audiences);
- You have solid interpersonal skills, specifically you will be able to liaise and connect with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and customers from varying disciplines and cultures;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them – voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.