This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's top companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique challenges and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
AML / CDD Team Lead
We are looking for a AML / CDD Team Lead to join our Underwriting Department as part of our regional growth. You will be part of the Underwriting Team based in Singapore working closely with Sales, Account Management, Compliance, Risk, Monitoring and Finance.
In this role you will be responsible for reviewing potential and existing merchants from a risk, regulatory and compliance perspective. As a highly regulated company we need to adhere to various rules and regulations and make sure we grow our business with a healthy portfolio of merchants. Part of this role is also to facilitate our growth by scaling internal processes and focus on continuous optimisation and automation.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of underwriters and ensure escalations are done promptly
- Risk access to onboard new and existing merchants accounts in accordance to regulatory KYC requirements and internal controls for APAC markets
- Setup and lead processes, monitor and execute checks related to merchant on-boarding
- Evaluate existing procedures to refine and optimize end-to-end merchant on-boarding process
- Provide advisory and assistance to commercial teams with regards to new and existing merchants questions around merchant on-boarding
- Lead (Provide support for) periodic reviews of merchant accounts
- Other ad hoc task such as reporting and any audit requests
Who you are
- At least 5 years of prior experience in a risk or compliance managing a team
- You have a firm grasp and understanding of AML, KYC, PCI and Internal Controls
- You are extremely detail oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task
- You are able to work in an independent way, while at the same time you are a strong collaborator, working alongside (connecting) with colleagues and developing (sharing) ideas to improve effective teamwork
- You take initiative, ownership and are committed to challenge the status quo
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- You have strong analytical skills and believe efficiency is key
- Due to current global border closures, you must already reside in Singapore now, and preferably do not require a work visa sponsorship for this role
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them – voices like yours. So no matter where you're from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.